I want to say right at the beginning, this is an appeal to all the American Conservatives who are wondering if decency forbids them from voting for Trump. This is also for all the mugwumps who think their vote doesn’t make a difference.
In other words, this is for all the Americans who are more Conservative than Liberal in their approach towards political issues, but haven’t made up their mind yet on the Presidential election.
Observe, I didn’t say in my title, ‘Hate Trump all you want, but still vote for him’. If you are in the haters’ camp, you have already made up your mind and I have no intention of trying to change it. This is for those voters that like the things Trump has delivered so far, but don’t like his personality or style.
This is because you can’t afford to be ‘neutral’ in this election. You can’t afford to take the high moral ground (if such a thing is even possible in modern politics). You can’t afford to be apathetic. You can’t afford not to vote. On this, even the Liberals would agree with me, except that they want you to vote for Biden.
Everybody has been shouting from the rooftops that this is a defining election. Everybody claims we are fighting for the soul of America. I couldn’t agree with them more.
Let’s deal with the issue of decency first. As a principle, we should not vote for Trump because he has violated the norms of decency. Really? You truly believe that? American Politics have stopped being anything close to decent for a long time. The media is much more kind towards Democrats but none of them are particularly decent either. On the other hand, they are holier-than-thou which is even more irritating than being plain indecent.
Dear reader, you know what I am trying to say here. I am not going to provide you with copious examples on how Democrats/Liberals are worse than even Trump in their lying, in their conniving, in their hatred and in their intolerance. I am simply assuming you are not one of those who only read New York Times, or watch CNN, or listen to NPR to get your politics-fix.
If decency and style are the criteria for you to vote for a politician, then my bet is you probably will never vote again in your life.
So, what should dictate your choice if not decency? That would be Realpolitik!
Elections are not about idealism alone. Idealism and ideology drive a voter up to a certain point, but after that it’s realpolitik that’s of paramount importance. By that I mean, asking yourself what a particular politician has delivered so far and what would he or she deliver in the future that’s beneficial to you and to America as a whole. (Hint: That doesn’t include unfettered bathroom access in schools to transgender students, as Mr. Obama, the darling of Democrats, desperately wanted all the states in the union to implement.)
What has Trump delivered so far?
- An economic system that was booming until the Chinese Communist Corona Virus brought the world to a sudden screeching halt. Even then, it was robust enough to withstand the onslaught and is still doing relatively well. Democrats would like you to believe that it’s Obama who turned the economy around. (Yeah, right! He was turning it round and round in the eight years he was President, and somehow managed to fix it just before he left.) Do the markets like Trump as a president? You can bet your last stock they do! Even the New York Times had to admit that when Trump tested positive, the markets were negatively affected.
- If you are a fiscal Conservative like me, you should be super happy with the amount of deregulation Mr. Trump has achieved. While the Democrats were trying to get him impeached for ‘colluding with Russia’, Trump had quietly cut down a couple thousand regulations. Also the fact the Washington Post was nonplussed by all this deregulation activity should be music to your ears.
- Trump cut the taxes, period! The corporate taxes were brought down from 35% to 21%. The personal tax system was also overhauled. Other Republicans only talked about cutting taxes. Trump actually did it. Liberals cry hoarse that this measure helped only the very rich, despite the proof to the contrary.
- Trump has delivered on his 2016 election promise of tilting the Supreme Court in the Conservative direction. If all goes well, it will be a five and half to three and half tilt in the right direction (pun intended) by the end of this month. Ted Cruz understands this. In an article on CNN, he explains why it’s so important to make sure the Supreme Court doesn’t tilt to the left.
- The Chinese puzzle can only be solved by somebody with an attitude like Trump’s. The Chinese communists only understand Trump’s language. They have been trying for decades to infiltrate American organizations, and the Democrats have allowed them to do that spinelessly. You are worried about Russia’s meddling? Russia is a second rate power. China is the real deal. As this NewYork Post article says, who would you want to defend America, Trump or Biden?
- The Neo-conservatives thought they could turn the Islamic world democratic, and dragged us into several unnecessary wars. That was a ‘huge’ mistake, as Trump would say. He has gotten America out of most unwanted wars while staying firm to eliminate the threat of ISIS. He doesn’t shy away from a fight as long as it benefits America.
- The wall on the Mexican border. Wall, what wall you would say. It may or may not be built. But just the fact that Trump got elected, badly scared a lot of illegal immigrants from even thinking of crossing the border. Those who still thought they could get away with it, found out the hard way they were wrong. The statistics speak for themselves.
To borrow a phrase again from the NewYork Post article, Trump is a Pitbull fighting for America. Pitbulls don’t need to be decent. They just need to do their job.
If Biden becomes the President
Now imagine what would happen if Biden comes to power. Remember that Biden has to satisfy a lot of ultra-left groups in his party to function effectively. He is not his own man. The far left Liberals are frothing at their mouths to shoot the so called American soul in its heart, over his weak shoulders. So, if he becomes the president:
- Fiscal responsibility would go down the drain. For Democrats, the solution to all problems has always been quantitative easing. Remember Paul Krugman’s suggestion about printing a one trillion dollar platinum coin?
- The law enforcement agencies of all hues would be thoroughly demoralized. It’s already happening in the Democrat controlled cities and results are disastrous.
- The polarization of the country wouldn’t stop, the hatred created by ‘monsters’ like Trump wouldn’t disappear. Black lives wouldn’t improve. In fact, things will only get immeasurably worse. Why, you ask me? Because Liberals, despite their Liberal sounding name, are actually anti-Liberal. They are Liberal only as long as you agree with them. When you disagree, things swiftly go south and their other side would emerge. It starts with verbal abuse and more often than not, results in physical abuse too. I have to concede that Liberals are much better at the hate-game than Conservatives can ever hope to get.
- Capitalism wouldn’t become humane. In fact, the modern Democrats only pay lip service to Capitalism. Their creed is actually socialism, a better sounding name than communism, but equally dangerous. Democrats have been in charge of California for a long time now, and it’s a terrible mess. In short, a Republican president may or may not be the answer, but a Democrat president is never the answer.
If nothing fails to convince you, consider this scenario. Biden may die after a year or so in the office, and Kamala Harris would then become the POTUS! If that doesn’t scare you, I am not sure what else would.
For my Indian American community, this is what I have to say. If you think Kamala Harris should be the vice-president just because she’s half-Indian and would be good for India, you are not only parochial but also plain wrong. Kamala’s friend is only Kamala. Consider the way she rose up in Californian politics. (Decency, what decency? )
The short message therefore is, ‘Vote Trump for President’ in the upcoming election. If you need additional motivation, read what this former gay Democrat has to say on this.
Remember, your choice will set the course for modern American polity for decades to come. Even the choice of not voting.